Thursday, January 20, 2011

Randomness About Me

I suppose that it's time for me to say something about myself here. I'm full of randomness, so here goes, try to keep up. ;)  I've been married for 11 years and while we aren't very much alike on the surface, our values are the same and that's what makes us work. :)  He likes country and classic rock music, western movies, hunting, fishing and all that outdoorsy stuff.  Me? Not so much!  I have two children, an almost 16yo daughter and a 9yo son.  I also have a pretty pretty princess cat names Sasha. I prefer original art to mass produced, handmade to store bought, homemade food to eating out. I moderate on an amazing craft site in my spare (??) time: www.craftster.org. I work at a college and love what I do - not everyone gets to say that, but I do!

I love music, almost all kinds of music. My favorite genre? British punk, the Fratellis in particular. Cute punk boys in skinny jeans are hard to resist! Let's go to my music list, hit shuffle and see what comes up:
1) Devil's Haircut by Beck
2) Last of the American Girls by Greenday
3) Under Pressure by David Bowie/Queen
4) Bohemian Like You by The Dandy Warhols
5) Rehab by Amy Winehouse

Yeah, that's kind of a weird list, but that's not as weird as it gets!  What's on your music list?

I loved going to movies as a teenager and young adult. Then I became a mom and discovered that I either didn't have the time, the babysitter or the money to go to a lot of movies. Last year a friend gave me a free month of Netflix and I love it! We watch all sorts of movies, from kids to drama and everything in between.  The next five movies on my list:
1)  The Expendables
2)  Nanny McPhee Returns
3)  Reign Over Me
4)  Legend of the Guardians
5)  The Other Guys

I love to craft, although I am not a serious crafter.  You know, the ones that make things that look like they were purchased at a high end store. :) I dabble in a lot of mediums and just have fun with it. I can sew, mainly PJ pants (a vital skill) and purses/totebags; make simple jewelry; paint shirts/hoodies/etc (not stencil, that's a whole different thing!); simple crochet and general craftiness.

My favorite stuff:  Mr. Spock of original Star Trek; Data from Star Trek Next Generation; Hermione Grander from JK Rowlings Harry Potter; Vlad Tod from Heather Brewer's The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod; Rachael Morgan from Kim Harrison's The Hollows series; Nightmare Before Christmas - I LOVE Sally; the Goth culture - I am, as my sister assures me, in touch with my inner Goth; the colors green/silver/purple/red/black; I collect little animals to sit on my desk and weird stuff to put on my 'book' shelf - it is, in fact, a Thing shelf, there are very few books on that one; lastly Coca Cola and Iced Tea.

Stuff I don't like: the colors yellow and orange; being labeled based on what I look/dress like; Pepsi; hmmm, this list seems to be pretty short.  Good for me! :D

Randomness: what, you thought we covered this already? Silly readers! ;) I am a list maker. I believe in taking responsibility and stepping up to do what's right. I believe that you will do the right thing...unless you prove me wrong. I believe that everyone has the ability to succeed in whatever they want to do.

2 comments:

  1. Do you have any review criteria? I write YA, but am epublished. Are you accepting any epubbed works for review? Love the blog!

    Karly Kirkpatrick
    www.karlykirkpatrick.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karly - I'm not really sure about epublishing, do you sell your books for download? Do you have an editor or an agent? I generally prefer to be able to actually hold a book, but let's see what you say! :)

    ReplyDelete